Tuesday, January 29, 2013

it's not what you look at that matters. it's what you see.

I have already mentioned this concept in a previous post.  But I feel it's worth bringing up again.

I have a real-life friend who is also a fellow blogger.  I have always been amazed at that way in which she processes life. Not that she's perfect (she'd want me to say that), but she helps to redirect my thinking and points me right back to Christ.  It keeps things in perspective.  She had this amazing idea in January 2012.  She picked a word.  A word that would give her a basic philosophy to focus on throughout the year.  A word that would constantly remind her who Christ is, who He is in her life, and how that encourages her to properly relate to the world and the people in it.  This year, she continued tradition by picking a new word for 2013.    

Like I said...amazing.

I have had the priveledge to watch how focusing on that word, focusing on that concept...the mindset it produces...and it has made a huge positive impact.  Not only in her own personal life...but in mine.

And like with anything good and worthwhile, I want a piece of that pie.

So I've decided to jump on her bandwagon.

But I struggled.  I struggled to find ONE word.  And this makes sense...seeing as I can't say anything without a large amount of words.

So I've settled on a phrase.  And it is this:


I will ALWAYS BE POSITIVE.

In the way I think. Speak. Act. Relate. Live.

I will banish negativety from my life.  I will not allow it to enter my mindset.  If it does, I will consciously drive it out!

You are what you think.  And my life is too good...too blessed...to complain and act grumpy!  Besides, if life stinks...how does complaining about it make it better?!  It doesn't.  It only makes you feel worse because you are focusing on the negative...therefore all will seem lost all the time!  So sad!  As I've practiced being positive...I've noticed my "circumstances" improving.  Not because my circumstances are "better" than usual...but because I SEE them in a better light.  I will choose to SEE God's hand of love, widsom and sovereignty in every area of my life all year long.

"....Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable....think about these things." Philippians 4:8

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/29/2013

    Thanks for the love on the blog! We soooo appreciate your prayers!!! Love this phrase for the year... something I could work on for sure. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for returning the love! Glad to be up and following you regularly again!! I've missed you ;)

      Delete
  2. Hey - Great post. Thanks for the props. I wish we lived closer and you really have always helped me with things. I loved reading this post and hope that you have a great year thinking positively. :)

    ReplyDelete

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown