Tuesday, August 24, 2010

naked butts and boo-boos

Yesterday.
One of the hardest days with my sweet little munchkin.

Annaleigh can crawl.
Annaleigh can pull herself up.
Annaleigh got her first boo-boo this weekend.
Because she is so dang talented at moving around.
A little speed-racer, I say.

However, this gives way to some arrogance on her part.

She has discovered....her will.
To fight.
Authority.
That spells:
T-R-O-U-B-L-E.

Dear Lord, Help.

And so it begins.  The tug-of-war between  mother and daughter.

I'm not trying to be negative here. 
Maybe I'm being more of a realist than anything else. 
Because it's true. 
She doesn't want to do as I say.  Like: staying put on the changing table.
She would rather roll onto her belly.  Naked butt and all.
We "discuss" how she needs to stay on her back for her safety.
And that I'm not trying to be a 'big-mean-ole-ogre'.
But that I love her and want what's best for her.
Besides, safety is important, you know?
Well, she then cries tears of rebellion.
And I, tears of frustration.

But I know this is for both our good.
She is learning to obey.  And ultimately, God. I pray. 
And I am learning the heart of God.

All for His glory.
But isn't that what this life is about?
To glorify God?

Here's hoping against all hope that we both glorify God quickly.
Or that she just plain learns.

Whichever comes first.
This is Annaleigh.
And I see trouble in her eyes.

1 comment:

  1. I am walking this path with you (in our own way - obviously) and will keep praying for wisdom for each of us mommy's as we seek to know how best to address and discipline or dear, sinful children!

    ReplyDelete

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown