Friday, June 12, 2009

Butterflies in my Stomach?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I felt the baby move for the first time on Wednesday (June 10th)!
It's very possible that my last OB appointment has my mind focused on "movement". When the doctor used her doppler on my belly, I heard that beautiful heartbeat again. Then there was a new sound:
Static.
Then more heartbeat. Followed by a little more static.
The doctor said, "Do you know what you're hearing?"
"No."
"That static is your baby moving."
When I first felt that "something"on Wednesday, I figured I tried to use the restroom. I came back, sat down at my desk, and a few minutes later, there it was again!
What has me convinced that it's the baby, is it has happened around the same time of day when I'm sitting still.
Now that I am aware that it might be baby, I wait for it.
It is a strange sensation. One I have never felt before or can easliy describe. It's very subtle, but it's there!
Some say "butterflies"to try and describe it and yet other's say "soda fizz". I'm not sure that's how I would descirbe it. It doesn't feel like either of those to me and yet I can't place it into words.
Maybe there's an individual who could help me describe it OR just give me some time to think of it. I mean, this is all so new to me. Each experience is taking a while to sink in. And yet each experience is something wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown